View Single Post
Old 05-08-11, 07:57 AM
AndyK 

Bikes: '11 TIME NXR Instinct, '03 De Rosa Planet '79 Paris Sport (Moulton)

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ilovecycling
This thread is awesome. I did 80+ miles today in northern VA and I know something isn't right. There's too much strain on my shoulders and neck. I find myself wanting to look straight down all the time to relieve the pain. Here's a pic of my current setup:

I plan on dropping my stem down to the headset cap and cutting down my fork to eliminate the need for any spacers, but I was going to flip my stem up to try and keep the bars in the same position they are in now. Now, after coming across this thread, I think I'm going to try and keep the stem flipped down and slam it anyways. Also, just by looking at this pic of my bike it looks like the bars are tilted too far back. I'm going to try and rotate them forward so the hoods are more parallel with the ground. My seat might need to be moved back and tilted down a tad as well for this setup to work.

I can't wait to try it. Thanks to the OP for starting this thread!
Awesome Cervelo! Love the blue and white theme.

I am selling my De Rosa Merak because I could only get the bars as high as yours are in this photo. That 4.5" drop caused sore shoulders and a stiff neck from craning to see in front of me. I changed frame to a 2" drop, and that solved the problem. If I slammed the stem down and flipped it, it would LOOK really cool, and I would be more aero, but I would be so uncomfortable it would ruin the experience!