Old 08-18-18, 05:01 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Mr. Cavendish was truly amazing when he was with HTC. The entire team it seemed was built around him, and he generally came through with a second kick to take the win every time the lead-out train stayed on the rails---which it generally did (though I recall that one time when Mark Renshaw tried to head-butt his way to the front.)

Does Cav still have it? No. Flat and simple. he is too old and has had too many off seasons. if he had stayed healthy, his age wouldn't be a factor ... or as much of a factor. But between lung infections and crashes, he has lost too much (all IMO, of course.)

I'd love to see it work for him, but i don't believe he can compete with the younger guys on the stronger teams.

Whatever ... I enjoyed tremendously watching him in his prime. if he makes a comeback or not, I will always have those memories. (Oh, wait. I forgot how often I forget things.) Anyway .... I don't see him winning a TdF stage. Too few sprint stages, too many teams want the win.