Old 06-14-19, 08:57 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
Get fit, then check out the adjustment windows for each contact point (saddle, cockpit) for what you're going to buy.

Some super integrated stuff isn't super adjustable, or as easy/cheap to adjust.

Also consider that events you're going to be doing and what storage requirements that entails. If you're doing sprints, or even maybe up to 1/2 IM bike leg distance.......that look a lot different than full IM distance bike leg needs.

That could influence your bike decision a lot as to how easy it is to utilize for that storage, in an ergonomic and aero way.

You don't want to buy a bike that fits great and is pretty aero, then you wind up adding a bunch of aftermarket tack ons that makes it look like a delivery truck in a 3rd world country.

The groupset thing is least of my concerns on a TT bike with mechanical shifting. Your shifters will be what they're going to be no matter the FD/RD/crankset fitted to it. There's no concept in tri/TT of 105/Ultegra for mechanical bar ends. Only DA or a competitor's shifters. You're likely ditching the factory wheels anyway also.

I'd go for 105, sell it, and get some 165mm cranks in Ultegra and upgrade what you want. You likely won't be getting short cranks out of the box. So, if not, why pay premium for a crankset you're going to ditch anyway?

That's my $0.02.

Also, maybe see if there's a local triathlon or TT group to go meetup and see if anyone local has one you can see and talk about in person.