phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3259 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 980 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
The group's end-of-year ride, last night, could have went better.

A group irregular, a guy with a reputation for being squirrelly at times, drifted in to another guy and may or may not have gotten his drops hooked on the other guy's straight bars. Regardless, the end result was that he went down and took out one other guy that was behind him. The squirrelly guy was the only one injured, but he got banged up pretty good - broken clavicle and concussion.

His girlfriend was not happy when she got the call and came to pick him up and blamed our "drinking game," though the tumble took place early in the ride and no one was even remotely intoxicated (nevermind that there wasn't enough drinking during the entirety of the ride to get anyone drunk). Trying to explain to the gf that he was at fault wasn't a bridge that anyone wanted to cross, though.
Just how squirrelly are we talking about here and what kind of ride was it. I can’t imagine a time when I’m riding with my pre-Covid group and anyone would have gotten tangled up like that. Sounds like the dude should stick to his peloton.