Old 02-17-14, 11:47 PM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Do you have any specific objections or are you objecting to someone suggesting something that isn't Starting Strength?
I object to strength work that is not focused on making people strong.

bench with barbells is fine- possibly an improvement on the barbell version- but its not a lift id put on the must do for cyclist, and it gets really hard to get into the starting position once the weight gets to where it should be for it to be worth your time..

as far as Bulgarians- ive done them- prescribed by a coach who came up with your coach- i just happen to object to a technically difficult exercise that brings in too many unnatural elements that make it hard- instead of raw leg strength bulgarians are hard because of the balance. thats why you have to do them with barbells. Im sorry- but the strength needs of the Track Cyclist are major- you cant lift major poundage in a Split Squat Stance.. (i feel the same way about Over-Head Squats- why add an element to a squat that makes it so you cant squat anything like your maximum? just because something is hard doesnt mean it makes you faster)

the Deadlifts with the Barbells... there is no point in doing a deadlift that isnt Heavy (for you).. so at the weight that a deadlift is effective for strength gains barbells become to big and hard to use..

Carleton- you are a big strong guy- are you really standing behind deads with 5lb dumbbells?