Old 06-06-19, 05:16 AM
YippeekiyayMFer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HELP - Need Recommendations for Kids Bikes

Hey all,

New to this forum, was pointed here from a friend at work. I'm looking for some recommendations on new bikes for my kids. We were recently in a Dicks Sporting Goods and my oldest two daughters (ages 6 and 5) fell in love with these kids 20" Nishiki mountain bikes...Pueblo I believe was the model name. They are relatively inexpensive and look very stylish (pink and purple!) but neither of my daughters has learned how to ride a bike without training wheels. They are both tall for their age and among their classmates at school and are getting too big for their little 16" bikes we got from Target. But I dont know if that type of bike is right for them at this stage.

I guess my question is, firstly, is a 20" mountain bike the wrong thing for their age/size bracket?

Second, if I'm not barking up the wrong tree, can I put training wheels on these new bikes until they learn to ride without them? Or is that not possible with that type of bike?

Third, any recommendations on specific bikes, sizes, training-wheel advice, etc is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thank you!