Old 05-27-20, 08:16 PM
MadKaw

Bikes: 1977 Raleigh Super Course, 1993 Trek 8000, 2016 Diamondback Haanjo Comp, 2018 Marin B-17, 2018 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kenshireen
25. I inflateback to 120 and front to 100... I ride on a smooth trail with no debris
So I figure you must weigh about 220... Well, whatever works for you, I know you weren't asking my advice, but, hey... it's free! One of the odd things tire scientists have found is that rolling resistance does not necessarily go down as tire pressure goes up. What seems to happen is that a lot of energy is wasted rolling up and down the microscopic roughness in the pavement where with a slightly lower pressure the CG doesn't move and the roughness is absorbed by the tire. I don't remember where I originally came across the studies, but if you won't take my word for it... https://blog.silca.cc/part-4b-rollin...-and-impedance
(Around here surfaces are cr...ummy and I could probably go lower than I do, but I'm too lazy to do the optimization studies, and I don't want to bother changing pressure depending on the particular road I ride, so I guess.)
Likes For MadKaw: