Old 06-30-20, 12:37 PM
Plainsman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 30 Posts
There are two sales models, dealer and direct to consumer. In the US, most of what you get are through a dealer (and by most I'm talking about the major brands most are familiar with in road cycling). Canyon is now available in the US direct to consumer, has great bank for the buck IMO, but I don't think you can find a road bike under $1500 (but you get a nice bike for $1500). That said, a lot depends on your location and what size you need. Have you already shared that info with us? I may have missed it. As others have said though, new bikes are becoming slim pickings right now. Looking at Sept-Nov for some to be re-stocked. Local shops where I live still have bikes in stock, but it is hit or miss as to whether they will have the size, color, and spec you want. We have really good manufacturer representation close by, and can drive to look at Scott, Trek, Giant, Specialized, BMC, Pinarello, Cannondale, Co-op, etc within no more than 20 minutes. If you know your size, you can call around to dealers to see what they have on hand.