Old 07-19-20, 09:50 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Light & Motion and NiteRider Lumina single LED headlights. I'm on my second L&M Urban 500 and after using a NiteRider for a year or so I'm about to switch to the NiteRider dual 1800 for serious nighttime riding -- it's too hot some days in Texas for midday rides and I'm not an early bird so I rarely start before 10 am. Of the popular dual LED lights the NiteRider gets better reviews than the L&M, has a better mount and doesn't weigh much more.

I might get an Outbound road light after they get batteries back in stock. So far the reviews have been good. Small two-person operation, using lenses to mimic the more focused, shaped beams of vehicle headlights. The NiteRider dual LED 1800 supposedly does this too, although I haven't found a clear video or photo of the beam shape.

I have a couple of to-be-seen blinky/headlights too but those are no longer available so I won't list the names. There are a zillion like 'em on Amazon, ebay and many LBSs.

Cygolite Hotshots are the best buy in a taillight. Lightweight, versatile, reliable, affordable, ridiculously bright within a narrow range.

And I use small, flat, lightweight Blackburn blinkies on my helmet for night rides. The Blackburn 2'Fer is excellent for that.