View Single Post
Old 07-22-20, 10:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4350 Post(s)
Liked 3,989 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuckles1
I have a large, round head, picture Charlie Brown. Got one of these, and like it a lot. Gonex Adult Bike Helmet, Cycling Road Helmet with Safety Light, 24 Integrated Flow Vents, Adjustable 22.5-24.5 inches (Red)

Its very light, and has a wheel at the rear that you turn to tighten it around your head after you buckle the chin strap. Very light, well ventilated, and has bug netting inside that covers the front vents.
A great helmet is only great if rigorously tested and built to exceed tests. Cheap helmets may have some fun features or might be light but without proper testing and really good construction it may not protect well. I have high doubts Jeff Bezos or Gonex is going to do much testing and serious design work to make a safer helmet. If I were them I wouldn't there is no money in that, The secret to companies like Gonex and others on Amazon and eBay are take a design someone else made and copy the looks or general design and get it sold extra cheap. It might be fine for their duffle bags or phone arm bags that is not safety equipment but a helmet not so much.