MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10165 Post(s)
Liked 5,855 Times in 3,153 Posts
Originally Posted by trekmogul
Ok guys was not going to say anything but knowing me, i have to tell things. Week ago Thursday 25 miles into a early 40 mile bike ride I was taken out by a raccoon at about 20MPH. 10 stitches to the coconut, lots of nasty road rash, fractured left collar bone and quite bruised and battered...I must not have been to bad after about 3 hours in emergency room they had my wife pick me up and take me home.. I am on the mend very well then about 5 days into my healing process, I tried getting up to fast out of bed from being so crazy dizzy. So for the last 3 or 4 days I get some occurring vertigo spells if I get up to fast or bend my head way down to the ground to pick something up... Tuesday I get my stitches out and will tell the doctor about it..

Anyone else have this type of issue about 5 days after a crash...? They did a CT Scan and never said anything about a concussion etc..

Sure missing my biking guys..!
Oh, boy. Sorry to hear! Vertigo is very common after concussion, which has to be assumed in your case. Concussion is a clinical diagnosis, not something that shows up on imaging. CT is good for one thing only, i.e.,ruling out relatively large collections of blood in the noggin. For God's sake take it easy, don't even think about getting on a bike until cleared medically, and get a referral to a neurologist who treats post-concussion syndrome in athletes if the symptoms don't improve in a couple of weeks.
Likes For MoAlpha: