View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 03:04 PM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
I don't have the energy to fight with Trek. I worked at the shop when they fought warranty of frame for the shop's owner's son. He eventually got them to concede and warranty his frame. I'd have to prove that it was the frame that was defective.

I thankfully have my Domane and will ride that. I just like having two bikes. The Emonda SL6 Pro is a sweet looking build up with full Ultegra and Vision carbon wheels for $700 more than the normal Emonda SL6. I rode the SL6 when I worked for them and it was a smooth stable ride.

But if I end up waiting and the loyalty discount is time limited, I may shop around to other brands. I like the Trek feature of the built in speed/cadence sensor (duo trap) for the clean look it provides rather than having something zip tied.

I may need to put components up for sale now that I have held onto. I have SRAM Apex complete drivetrain with less than 400 miles on it that were from first bike that I replaced. I have never managed to get a frame to build up new bike with those.

If I didn't have a bike to ride...I'd be all over that Emonda right now tho.