RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Moto Fantom29 ProSL hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 366 Times in 279 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest View Post
The whole team is. We're not allowed to work on new features until we make good on some quality debt. This should be more common among software companies.
LOL, is that a common term, or did you make it up? It's fantastic! At first I thought you had to get a motel or couch-surf because of termite tenting

I work in software too, I think we keep a pretty reasonable balance of bug workoff vs new features per release.

IMO we've see a real uptick in software quality over the last few years by switching tooling and process. We used to CM with clearcase and bug-track with clearquest, but we switched to git (actually an entire atlassian suite including jira for issue tracking and bamboo for continuous build/test). The transition was painful, but worth it. Navigating DRs/commits/branches through the browser is super convenient, and it's enabled us to add peer/manager review of all pull requests into the baseline, which I think is the biggest factor.

I'm just a tiny bit sad that I missed out on ever using subversion, because it's the best possible name for a software CM tool.