Old 09-22-20, 04:00 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked 1,825 Times in 878 Posts
Originally Posted by samkl
Got it, thanks.

Still wondering about the modern Veloce and Xenon levers, if anyone has experience with those.
OK, here's a photo below on how the cable should be anchored for 10 speed Campag shifters, a 9 speed Shimano Deore RD and a Shimano/Sram 9 speed cassette. You put the cable on the outside of the normal clamp point and clamp it under the locating tab. Shifting is 100% in that position, no need for any kind of adapter or anything else. Of course you will have an additional click in the shifter that you'll never get to (10 vs 9) but the low limit RD will keep you from going to it.

As to the shifters. Newer 10 speed shifter (newer than mine; in the lower price ranges, not Chorus & Record) generally will only shift up to a higher gear one cog at a time like Shimano. I think the name they hung on it was "Escape" or something like that. There are some of the lower line models that don't have that "feature" but I don't know how to tell the difference without having them in my hand. The newer style/shape 10 speed levers (think Gumby head) have different internals and I don't think they are part by part re-buildable (just like the 11 speed models aren't). Bear in mind I have never used either of those types but that's the sum total of my research when I buy used 10 speed Campy stuff.

Link:

https://www.cxmagazine.com/shimano-c...-compatibility