Old 11-01-19, 07:44 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 161 Times in 108 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 835:

35F this morning. First morning above freezing in a week. I felt like a wild man.

Left the house on the road bike and in the first half mile it started sleeting. T thought about turning around and switching to the hybrid with fenders. The forecast didn't have much in the way of precipitation, so I decided to press on and try my luck. After a while it switched from sleet to just sprinkles. By the time I arrived I don't think there was enough moisture on the ground that fenders would have made any difference, so I won that bet.

On the way to the client's location I stopped by the hospital for my regular blood thickness check. I was in range again (which is a good thing.) I always feel weird walking into the coagulation waiting room as there are a lot of people in really bad condition sitting there, and in I stroll with my helmet and all my gear. They're always amazed that I ride my bicycle, so I think I'm the only patient they have that does so. Sometimes I wonder that perhaps if some of these people were riding their bicycles they may not be patients?