DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
The inflated tss has been addressed, but another thing that caught my eye is the NP v AP. Usually in a ride that long you’d expect to see those numbers closer together, unless it was a punchy race with lots of attacking or rolling hills. Or both (see Turlock Lake RR).
It appears to be four laps of Central Park in NYC. I had always imagined it as flat(ish) but I guess it's actually really bumpy-- though no "climb" gains over 60ft. Coasting all of the "downhills," I guess?

Originally Posted by WhyFi
Yeah, some stuff if off because he hasn't set his FTP properly, but the kJ:Cal ratio isn't out of line with what Strava gives me.
Strava, given power data, uses the straight kJ x 1.1 ratio, no problem. Wahoo units do not use power data at all for calorie numbers, and Strava just accepts whatever the Wahoo gives it, no questions. Not unusual for my "calories" to end up kJ + 50%.

Originally Posted by sirjag
Hello Dr.,
Can you explain this chart to me?

JAG
Take your power output (kJ) for a given time interval, and divide it by your weight in kilograms to get your W/kg. For instance, 270W for 20 minutes for a 90kg rider = 3.0W/kg. Elite riders will be over 5W/kg for their FTP. Often way over.

Originally Posted by illjustride
Thanks, yeah I'll have to look into doing an FTP test soon. Thanks for the help none the less.
I would just start by taking that ride as an unofficial FTP and enter 275W in Strava/Wahoo, as that's roughly what you actually put out for an hour. That should drive the stress scores way down.
I'm not really sure what to do with the HR zones, except maybe use a different calculator to define them, such as this one. Your current setting seems to indicate a max HR of maybe 200 and an LTHR of 190.

That effort does not appear to be a tempo effort.

Last edited by DrIsotope; 05-25-20 at 11:17 AM.
Likes For DrIsotope: