View Single Post
Old 09-05-11, 05:17 AM
PhotoWhit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess I should mention the bike is an early "Crack 'n fail" Cannondale, and I had no problem with the frame, I had replaced the bottom bracket with a phil wood after haveing 2 fail during the Natchez and BlueRidge Pkwy trip.

I rebuilt the 40 spoke Sansun(?) wheels when i got back to Tallahassee ( I wandered the state a bit), I had hit a curb or rock or something and had 2 pull through with the rim cracking, No broken spokes though! The rebuild lasted until I was in Ill, so @ 5000 miles with a few broken spokes, but nothing too bad, I had to rebuild the rear again with what I could find, the tensions were all over the place and I had some spokes stripping out, I pulled the rear and spent a moring replacing and evening the tennsion and it made the rest of the trip.

The bags are Kirkland on the front(not very good too wide) and Cycle Smith on the rear, Love them!!! The tent on top of the BOB is waiting to be dried out at lunch and fits inside of the Cycle Smith Apex pannier, with room to spare. A Quest 5th season tent wasn't a bad choice if you spend 200+ days in a tent, during a perticularly wet year. Wish they still made quality tents.

Those funky shorts are actually Trek 2xl baggy cycling shorts, I liked them! When the outsides wore out I saved the padded insert and sewed them into other shorts. Please note the B52 water bottle holder! held a 1.5 liter water bottle. It was nice when traveling, wish they still made them.

Last edited by PhotoWhit; 09-05-11 at 05:20 AM.