View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 05:15 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,730 Times in 885 Posts
I took the Trucker DeLuxe (a.k.a., Monster Trucker) out at 1:30, thinking there might be time to ride out the Narrow Gauge Rail Trail from Depot Park, perhaps picking up Dudley Road, but mindful of the fact that the various weather-forecasting imps that keep company with the Pocket Devil were changing their story frequently about the approach of Post-Tropical Annoyance Barry. As the Accident willed it, it seemed prudent to turn back at Fawn Lake, Bedford, for a total of 24 miles through Arlington, Lexington, and Bedford. Quiet ride, with a little cooling drizzle but nothing more severe than that where I was, when I was there.

Stopped to adjust my saddle at the Bobby Mac memorial, and spent a minute reacquainting myself with that.

Every few months, the big catalpa captures my attention; it happened again today.

The Narrow Gauge Rail Trail beckons.

The old patent medicine factory, now converted to condos, at Fawn Lake.

Fawn Lake itself appears to be eutrophying. Sweetwater, indeed!

Great Road, Bedford: the westbound traffic illustrates the appeal of bike trails in this town.

The gathering clouds as seen from Tophet Swamp. Almost immediately after I took this picture, a cooling drizzle started, that accompanied me home for much of the balance of the ride.

The Best Dog in Middlesex County, the standard by which all other dogs are judged, runs at heel next to his master's bicycle.

It seems a serious shower had moved through East Arlington while I was elsewhere, and left before I arrived, leaving puddles.

Barry gave me a free sample of his stuff a little later, while I ran an errand to Ball Square. Sometimes it's good to be in a car.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 07-18-19 at 09:52 AM.
Likes For rholland1951: