View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 05:03 PM
myisland

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Synack42
This might be an odd question, but would it be rude to ask to join a smaller group ride while they are already moving?

I'm more of a "lone wolf" cyclist, but I ride 15 miles daily and can do so in an hour, maybe even a couple minutes under. I've occasionally passed a group of riders going the opposite direction. They are definitely coordinated, wearing proper kit and all on road bikes. (I'm usually riding an older MTB with pavement friendly tread and t-shirt with skateboarder shorts and shoes... (I have finally gotten into the habit of always wearing gloves and helmet...))

Just wondering if shouting "Mind if I follow at a distance?" would be against road etiquette I guess... Would you find that rude or strange? I have a grasp of group hand signals and I wouldn't be doing it for drafting purposes -- Mainly just curious if I could keep up and hang with them.

...That and it would be really neat to find a local group to actually ride with.
Ask the guy at the rear. That's how you get to know people. Forget all of the social media b#ll*****.