View Single Post
Old 02-02-20, 11:24 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,382 Times in 3,669 Posts
Slightspeed

That Cinelli could have come from Spence Wolf like that although he was more well known for fabricating his own long cages for his "Alpine" gearing builds. He had Merz build several frames for his customers and Jim used plenty of Rally's. I think they have a bad rap about failing, they seem to work very well when set up and maintained properly.

This one works exactly as intended for me after 40 years, took it on Eroica in 2016, worked flawlessly, especially on the flying, rapid fire gravel descent's and grind it out uphills, not only that but this bike was amazingly stable and sure footed as well. Point being, they can work just fine with the correct setup and not being pushed beyond their limits. I know many have failed so tolerance must be minimal with little or no leeway when we are used to much more forgiving limits.

DOH! Forgot the pics.

Last edited by merziac; 02-03-20 at 11:56 PM.
Likes For merziac: