View Single Post
Old 02-06-20, 10:42 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,911 Times in 1,141 Posts
So I went to my local Fastenal store today because like many here who need crank bolts and washers for Campy bottom brackets and arms. I was able to source 500 crank bolts that are grade 10 in the 15 mm size for the cap and with 8X1 pitch. The washers they had were sourced from the imperial catalog in a 3/8" inner diameter, with a .810" outer diameter. The washer height is 1/16" or 1.6 mm again I ordered 500. These will be very effective at replacing the lost bolts and washers for many of the BBs I come across. Will they say Campy? no. Will they hold the crank arm on? yes. So by next week, I will have then available to those who need them. HTH smiles, MH

Woo Hoo! Parts came in today! Will have them in my grubby little paws by this afternoon.
A minor glitch from Fastenal, the bolt cap is 13 mm. So they are sending special 8 mm washers that take the bolt cap to 16 mm to equal that of the original Campy bolt cap. appears to be the best solution. And it works!
Looks like I can send these out in pairs with washers for $6 plus shipping through USPS. Smiles, MH

Last edited by Mad Honk; 02-07-20 at 03:23 PM. Reason: new information
Likes For Mad Honk: