Old 03-12-20, 07:47 AM
WalksOn2Wheels
Vain, But Lacking Talent

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.9 DA 9000, Trek Crockett Pink Frosting w/105 5700

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 42 Posts
Things are weird. I am in Nashville visiting a friend who lives here. The whole family is here and predictably sick (My two kids and wife have been on and off sick for weeks now). There are Coronavirus cases in Nashville, but not many. However, lots of schools in the area have closed. My local district back in Denton has sent emails during spring break saying they are monitoring the situation. There are some confirmed cases in DFW, but none in Denton County. When I get back next week, I'm leaving Monday evening for an on site install for a customer in North Houston. They have a rash of cases that seem to center around some Egyptian cruise, but some guy that hadn't left Texas seemingly contracted it at a large public event. So who knows where that might go. I imagine myself sleeping in my car in Houston and wearing disposable gloves for everything. I don't want to be that guy who is overreacting, but I also don't want to be that guy who is nonchalant and brings it back to my city.

To top it off, NYC is sort of on edge and one of the cases in Houston is from a young woman who had recently traveled to NYC. I do a lot of work there and am working on a project where I would be delivering a prototype within the month and expected to travel there for testing. Not so sure about that now.