View Single Post
Old 03-01-18, 06:52 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
However, we can only change the stuff around us .... i don't know how to stop disease and starvation. I can fight a hazardous waste incinerator planned for the area, but I can't stop the production of hazardous waste.

Sometimes the best thing we can do is just talk with people around us ... protests and lobbying doesn't always matter, but just talking to people ... they see that rational intelligent people think about things and care about things that are different and in different ways .... strange ideas (like LCF) can come to seem normal ... I don't want to push people. We all have our paths to follow and by following or own paths we do the most good ... IMO.
Everything that happens at the individual level is linked with ideas that are circulating at the collective level.

If you manage to achieve the ability to understand the link between individual choices/actions and collective effects, and you hone the willpower to direct your own actions toward the goal of harmonizing your conscience with the effects of your actions, you are not only doing all you can to make things better, you are also setting an example for others. Then it's up to them to make the same commitment to awareness and conscience; no one can force them to.