Old 06-20-18, 07:39 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Woke up to steady rain falling. Looks like it's supposed to be that way all day and through tomorrow noon. 60 degrees with a brisk headwind made my hands a little chilly.

MUP was pretty much empty due to the rain, except for three guys I came up behind. Two had bicycles and one was on a recumbent trike. They were going really slow, with the two guys on bikes just walking. I thought that was odd, so as I came by I slowed and asked if everything was OK. Turns out one of the guys had a brand new X-Mart fat bike that had lost the left pedal. We looked and the threads were completely gone from inside of the crank, so there was nothing for the pedal threads to bite on when we tried to screw it back into place. I apologized for not being able to fix his bike, wished them well and continued on my way to work.

Arrived at the office soaking wet. When I pulled up a guy was walking through the parking ramp looking at me funny so I said, "See! I told people I'm not the Wicked Witch of the West! This is proof!" He looked at me even funnier after that.

My back still hurts pretty bad, but I think it might be a little better than it was on Monday.