Old 02-21-19, 03:51 PM
rms13

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vishnu77
I was heading straight, flashing lights were on, brand new bike (literally, my third ride on this bike) and someone starts pulling up to a stop sign to turn right. Stupid me, I assumed he was stopped to check for traffic, which would mean he would be looking straight at me...then I realized at the very last second, oh **** he’s still inching forward!! So I hit the brakes and swerve a little, he bumps my back tire. I immediately know my bike’s fine, and I’m fine.

He stops in the middle of the road to apologize, “omg did I hit you” (yeah of course you did, why else are you stopping) “I’m so sorry I didn’t see you,” then he holds up traffic, all these cars start honking at him. “Is my car okay” (I don’t really give a ****, he’s driving a jaguar so it’s nothing to him) and meanwhile he’s got a bunch of angry drivers telling him to move the **** over. I just said I’m fine and rode off

I kind of wish I didn’t do that, but I just had this thought pop into my mind that I can’t fix stupid so I just left, I guess. I was completely on edge for the remainder of my ride.

Anyway that’s my stupid story, I had to tell someone.
So you were going toward him. I assume you had a stop sign that you didn't stop at?

Either way as someone else said never assume they see you. I would go as far as say that assume you are invisible and nobody sees you even when you think you are making eye contact