TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
So I finally got my ALR home and took it for it's shake down tour.....a little Navy lingo for ya.
I'm gonna have to pull rank on you - it's a shake down cruise, not a shake down tour.

Originally Posted by jaxgtr
So I finally got my ALR home and took it for it's shake down tour.....a little Navy lingo for ya. I have been off the bike for 4 months since my accident, and my physical therapy masochist told me I have frozen shoulder, so my reach is not the best, so was not sure how the body would hold up.

I decided for safety reasons, I would take the first ride on the local rail trail. I ended up replacing the cockpit and seatpost with the FSA SL-K group and could not be happier with that decision. Between the the Emonda SL fork, the Trek 300 aluminum frame, the ride was flipping unbelievably smooth. Even on some of the rougher surfaced area's, I swear I was riding a carbon bike. While I did not like the fit of the Synapse for me, the ride quality of the Synapse was awesome, this bike meets or exceeds that. Also, the fit of this bike could not be better for me and the Viper Red color is just awesome looking. All in all and very successful ride and the body held up pretty good. Although my reach is still impacted because of my shoulder, reaching he hoods was not a problem. The weight of the bike with pedals\bottle cages is 16.9 lbs......yes...16.9 lbs. My carbon Synapse was 17.8 lbs.

I never felt this comfortable on my Synapse and I am so glad that I decided to make the switch. So if you are looking for a new bike, I would highly recommend checking the ALR out. You might be surprised and save your self a load of money at the same time. I am still waiting on my stem, should be here the week sometime, once I get it, I will post a pic of the final setup.

Brian
I guess it's true - fit is everything! So you have a carbon seat post, carbon stem, carbon bars, carbon fork and you're surprised that the ride feels like carbon?

Glad you're enjoying your bike - it really sounds like Trek got the emonda right.