cooker
Prefers Cicero

Bikes: 1984 Trek 520; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3943 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by JuliaM
Okay so i need some advice. I am an eighteen yr old girl from sydney australia and in three months im travelling to South America. Im doing three months of volunteer work in costa rica but i want to travel before this from august to november. I have become very interested in cycling through chile for a month. All i want is some advice. I dont know if im being very niave about it. Im a fit and motivated person who really enjoys all types of physical activity especially hiking. However i am not a very experienced when it comes to cycling, i mean i can ride a bike, im not that inexperienced! I dont know if im being too romantic in my plans? I just want to know what i am going to have to do to prepare and what i should expect. This is probably very vague but i would really appreciate some feedback to gain some kind of perspective. Thankyou
Check out crtreedude - an American businessman who runs a tree plantation and related businesses in Costa Rica. he may have some good advice on that part of your trip, not the Chilean part.