just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 1,952 Times in 1,393 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray9
<snip>

What I can’t understand is that you want me to pay for all the dancing you did as the fiddler’s bill comes due. Why are you trying to use the government to strong-arm me to pay your bill? No government insurance buys me new tires for my bike or prescription coverage to pay for expensive frame components or cycle clothing.

I want you to be happy as you dance but you must pay your own bill as you either drop dead or end up swallowing your face in a nursing home at fifty. It’s your choice and as a libertarian I support that choice. Enjoy your government issued handicap parking sticker and electric shopping cart; I’ll ride my bike. I want the government to leave me alone.
I guess you don't have car, house, or homeowner's insurance, do you? Good then that you have a few mil in the bank and haven't been stopped for a taillight out. Or maybe for the reasons stated, you don't have a car or house or any property and are living in one of those sidewalk tents. That'd work.

I've finally achieved the American Dream of making it all the way to Medicare and Social Security. Luckily, the government forced me to pay my premiums!

The USA is certainly not a Libertarian paradise. There is one, though: Somalia.