Old 08-08-18, 09:16 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by jitteringjr
So how exactly does this work? I see there are no maps of the route on their website. Do you just show up in Gary SD and they give you a cue card telling you how to get to Bob's corn field for check point 1. Then at Bob's corn field you get a cue card telling you how to get to Joe's bean field for check point 2? From the rules, it looks like you can take aide from stores on the route. I know on the west side of the state, you aren't going to hit many towns with a convenient store especially not ones open at 4 am. However, one you get to Gaylord, Henderson, New Prague etc, there are places, but how do you plan anything if you don't know the route? Or do you and I am missing it?
AFAIK it's basically show up, get your cue sheet, and go. For some reason there's a handful of endurance gravel events where the promoter has some misguided notion that gravel races don't count unless no one knows where they are.

I blame a certain Iowa promoter who is incapable of riding more than 150 miles at a time himself despite putting on a 350-mile race every year.