Old 11-03-20, 02:20 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
I replaced my WI 46/30T crankset with a GRX 46/30T, because I didn't want that extra tooth in the small ring. Do you notice it?
Not yet....I figure it is close enough to not make a difference...also with COVID nationwide, being laid off and no needing to ride to work, and then road construction, and COVID flocks everywhere, my fitness has gone to pot. Splurged for a crank powermeter mostly to boot my butt into shape, in conjunction with a Kickr and Rouvy once the snow hits. I've been on some hills around here on dirt that made me want a 30/28 previously...should be fine....especially if I get my butt back into shape.

BTW my SLK...I still don't know if something is busted internally or what. Shop is puzzled too. First I thought a pedal bearing (replaced them), replaced the BB thought there was a rough spot in a cup....finally replaced the crank and it is fine now. Would take a while to 'warm up' then once on every pedal revolutionI'd get a 'ker-CHUNK' I could feel through my cleats. Same spot in the crankarms roughly. No damage to spindle I can see. Bolts, cups, pedals, etc, were greased and torqued. Spacers. Everything. Only going theory is maybe a bad pedal threaded insert.