Old 04-06-21, 05:44 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked 1,077 Times in 409 Posts
As I now have 11 bikes, road, touring, mtn, drops, flat bar, etc, and ride year round so a wide variety of clothing combinations, I decided I needed ONE solution for key things like the phone and the tool/tube kit. And at my age it's just a good idea to always have the phone on a ride. How stupid to badly need some help but have left behind the one small thing that could get me that help. I also decided that the phone and keys had to stay with me at all times, not on the bike. My choice was a waist pack originally purchased from REI for hiking. It appears that these things are now called "fanny packs" but a skinny old fart like me barely got no fanny so "waist pack" will do.

Phone, keys, bit of trail mix, a couple of other odds and ends are in the waist pack. Same thing every ride on every bike. The tools, tube, pump, etc are in a canvas sack lashed to the saddle rails, same thing every ride on every bike. Habits for important things make life easier. And it's paid off. A couple of years ago my wife had an emergency and could reach me. Last week I had a flat and had everything I needed to repair and resume.