Old 11-21-19, 08:22 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 849:

Cold and windy pretty much sums it up. Temp was 33, and the humidity was very high which made it feel extra chilly. Had a 25 mph head wind, which meant I averaged about 7-8 mph the whole way to the office. Glad I left the house a little early, as I arrived at my desk at 7:58.

It rained during the night and stopped about an hour before I left for work. There were warnings about icy roads, but thankfully I didn't experience any slick spots. I thought about riding the fat bike in case traction was an issue, but decided in addition to the wind I didn't want to be also slowed by those big tires. I rode the hybrid, which turned out to be fine. I probably could have ridden the road bike, which probably would have gained me a couple of mph.

The wind is supposed to die down a little by 5 PM, but isn't supposed to change direction so at least I'll get a bit of a push home.