wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
Link? I enjoy whole fat dairy (though less and less these days as my stomach is tending to reject it) but there is no hiding the fact that there are a lot more calories in whole milk than skim. I see little to no way to argue that in our current world of excess food that full fat milk is healthier for anyone other than those trying to gain weight (and even then it is questionable as there are plenty of other high calorie options without all the sugar of milk).

I just don't feel like searching for articles and links right now....but there is more and more research coming out which indicates that full fat dairy is actually better for weight loss than low fat dairy...I can also use myself as an example. I've been consuming full fat dairy for most of my life, mostly in a form of yogurt, skyr and kefir and I've never been overweight from it. One of my own rules I follow is that I never mix and combine dairy products with other foods, I always eat dairy by itself....When I make smoothies I use water and blend it with other ingredients.
My total cholesterol intake from foods is about 1380 mg per day, that's about 4 times over the recommended daily allowance.