Old 03-14-19, 12:23 PM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by smashndash
However, that would mean believing that almost every single other mainstream wheel manufacturer is basically scamming us out of our money by charging us hand over fist and providing us with technologically inferior wheels.

Besides ease of communication, can anyone provide me with a good reason to go with a mainstream wheel over LB? I’m just out here looking for a “catch”. I get very uncomfortable around deals with no “catch”. Usually the catch is $$$.
Maybe not inferior, but probably not that much more exceptional either. It's the same reason people pay more for a Lexus over a Toyota, the status and name, even though they're basically the same car. Past a certain point, you're not paying for quality anymore, you're paying for exclusivity.

From what I've seen others post about Zipp, Enve and other big names, LB quality is on par if not better, imo. My wheels are absolutely flawless, I've seen multiple threads about QC issues and defects in "big name" wheelsets. As far as communication and support, communication during my build/wait was fantastic. They offer a three year warranty, and while I would have to wait for a replacement to get shipped to me, that's a price I was willing to pay to save money and buy direct.