View Single Post
Old 04-04-19, 07:47 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
Tri season upon us.

It's a little dusty here in the Tri forum. Understandably not much activity during the (northern hemisphere) winter. But it's spring and tris are beginning to happen a little farther to the south. I live in New England so I think races are still about a month away. At least that's the indication I've received according to the adverts for local races I've received.

Due to injuries...I haven't done a tri in a couple of seasons, but I'm considering some sprints again this summer. Before that I was doing a handful of sprints each summer. In March of 2017 I tore a meniscus. Consequently I wasn't able to do any tris that summer. Then, in March of 2018 I had hip replacement surgery. Expect for a slight layoff from the bike in both situations...I have continue cycling and swimming with my usual regularity (if not more). Speed/endurance in those disciplines hasn't really suffered. I'm back to running now, but I'm slow. I know there are artificial hip recipients out there who are running Marathons, and such. But I just don't want to put that kind of mileage on my hip. It's mechanical and I'd rather not go through that surgery again (if possible). I'm 58 years old. So, I'm only running once, or twice per week. And, no more than 5-6 miles per run. But, I think I may to some tris this summer just to race against myself to see how I'm doing.

Dan