View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 09:05 AM
riverdrifter

Bikes: 1985 Cannondale SR500, 1990 Cannondale ST600, 1993 Cannondale M700

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 108 Posts
Selling the house and touring full time?

Are there others here who have done this? My wife and I worked hard to pay our house off, and gave up the adventuring we used to do to accomplish that. We both agree that the dream of home ownership isn't as rewarding as we thought it would be.

We are looking at several options to make adventure, experiences, and travel the priority in our lives. We have 2 small children and we want them to experience all the world has to offer. We already homeschool, and have cut down to one income. We have considered selling our home and buying a (very small) home of some type, or selling and buying an RV rig of some type, or selling and travelling by bike full time for a few years.

This is a small, inexpensive home that we have paid off, so selling it is not going to set us up for life or anything.

Just some random thoughts, and wondering if others on here have done anything similar?

I know this may well open a can of worms, so I thought I should add that I am not looking for life, financial, or parenting advice. I just want to start a discussion with people who have done something like this, or considered it.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by riverdrifter; 08-22-19 at 10:11 AM.