55/Rad
Former Hoarder

Bikes: Seven Axiom, Felt Z1, Dave Moulton Fuso

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MacMan
I get your point, but I don't necessarily think that TdF eclipses all other to the degree you suggest - but that is probably an individual perception, since I don't think that the Masters is the greatest Golf major either (I think the US Open and THE Open (!) are better). I don't think you can rank the outher Grand Tours so low. The Classics are a different ballgame altogether and certainly while I would put a win in the TdF over them on a personal level, I don't think they can be so easily discounted.
MacMan - In my opinion, the US Open (golf) is on par with the Masters and the British and it comes down to a matter of personal preference. The French and US Open (tennis) is on par with Wimbledon...okay, strike that. But they are closer to being on-par with Wimbledon than anything is to the Tour.

That is my perception. A perception created here in the western part of the US by all the colorful, well rounded coverage and heritage I've been exposed to over my entire 44 year life. And since I am American, I know I am right dammit.

Now, anybody want to talk Futbol vs. Football?

55/Rad