Old 07-25-12, 08:37 AM
shasta68

Bikes: looking

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Folks,
My name's Tom. A shout out to Mr. Stormcrowe for the forum and to all the folks here for sharing. I'm grateful to have found this place. I'm 47. Somehow that number just can't be mine, yet here I am occupying space and time. Me and a motorcycle had a bad day back in '86. I was 21. I'm sorry to say that the bike didn't survive the crash. Neither did the pickup truck that we folded. Fortunately there weren't any other casualties. The details of the long road to 47 are messy. My left leg makes a pretty good kickstand. I've got about 25-30 degrees flexion in that knee and an AFO to prevent footdrop. Most of the quadricep and ham went the way of the knife and the remaining tissue, laterally anyway, had already turned to bone before i'd left the hospital which was 2 months post-incident. I practice mindful meditation to keep my pain from drifting into the lives of those close to me. I don't miss motorcycles as much as I've missed mountain biking, backpacking, and all those other little excursions into the wild I might have made. I came across an adaptive item while surfing the Internet the other night that appears as though it might get me back on a bicycle. I intend to solicit some feedback in another post regarding this. I haven't really searched yet to see if this item has already been a topic of discussion here. All the same, I'll be grateful to hear any thoughts and opinions that you all might have, even it's off-topic.
peace