Old 11-13-20, 05:13 AM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
What to purchase as a new biker besides the bike

So I’m new to biking and am loving it, just got a beautiful black trek fx3, and would like to continue riding through the winter. With that said
1. what items should I purchase for winter riding? Particularly to cover the feet , head and hands? ( I don’t want spandex or professional cyclist jerseys)

2. I currently use casual / running shoes , what shoes should I get , not sure to go clipless or not ?
3. Bontrager makes a speed and cadence meter that goes with my trek , but should I get something else , I would like a power meter as well and would like to pair all 3 with Strava on my iPhone

4. I want a mirror but I don’t want a goofy one that sticks out the handle bar , but are the ones that go on the helmet safe? I feel like it might hurt my eye if I got in an accident and went head impact

5. I want to get a bike hat that goes under my helmet for general riding, so my helmet doesn’t absorb sweat and the hat does for hygiene reasons ( can’t wash helmet), what should I get?
if you could advise on each and what items to purchase , please be specific with material types/ brands and cost of each ( please be cost effective).

🙏