Thread: Whoa, Wahoo!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-20, 09:30 AM
Danhedonia

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 95 Posts
OP: I'm old enough that I inherited rollers from my Dad, among other sets I used. I now have a KICKR CORE, and couldn't agree with you more. It's just a next-level sense of realism.

FWIW, I am able to spend a bit and have been trying out software/training platforms. Zwift is a fun eSports game - when it works. But aside from the fact that it is old, buggy software (no, really: they use a 2014-era API) it is also much less realistic than some other options. Currently I'm on Rouvy. (Bear with me, I'm headed somewhere with this). I also will be using either Trainer Road or Sufferfest in early 2021.

Rouvy is $12/month, and - here's the key - allows you to share that cost across three user accounts. That's $4/mo. To say the least, it's worth it, and I know that Fulgaz also gifts a 2nd login. You work in a bike shop - you can find someone to share the cost.

And I'm going to tell you that as much as you've discovered a levelling-up with newer trainers vs. rollers, you're going to love riding on good software. I had a 25k chase yesterday on Rouvy that was incredibly realistic.

I know it seems like a lot to absorb at once, but go ahead and try some of the free trials for the new platforms, and then buddy up with someone. $5 a month is not too much.