Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Fir
Kewl, we loove live theatre. What's it called? Wish there were a bullet train to Edmonton. '54 is a Rudge?
The play is being staged by Workshop West who's rehearsal hall can be seen from my front step... it is called Spoke Song and is set in a 1970's Dublin bicycle shop and has a number of overlapping story lines.

Frank is the bike shop owner who wants more than nothing to see his fellow citizens re-discover the joy of cycling in a city that is becoming more and more car centric and is also courting the hand of a fair young lady... he actually sounds a lot like me.

It speaks to the troubles of that time and the political strife and bombings that went on during the 70's...

And it spans back to the turn of the last century and tells the story of his grandparents who first opened the little bike shop after the war...

It has a bit of everything... and a lot of bicycles !

I received one of these bicycles and this one has a starring role...

It is running at the end of June and will play during our bike month which is an epic festival in itself... it would be worth the trip to take in the festivities and the play... which may go on the road.