View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 08:28 AM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by downtube
I would not like to see it, but I could do it. I assumed 12 hr days would be a minimum.

My argument was that he doesn't need an assembly line with numbers he provided as projections. I am sure I could do that on my own.

Thanks
Yan
Well, this would leave you with 36 minutes per bike then. Still not near realistic for the tasks in question.

And - as you say you could do that on your own - it would probably also mean you would have to do it on you own as I highly doubt that you would find employees that would love to work at least 12 hours a day, seven days a week at high speed w/o a break.
Does sound neither sound like a desirable let alone fun place to work at nor like a very sustainable way of working or a workplace that could deliver quality.

Unfortunately your way of working does not only not work but also not scale (as nobody will be willing to work this way), so you will miss your predicted delivery goals that you calculated based on a team of three. It does neither leave room for failure nor time to enhance or standardize (as you are too busy fulfilling your goals to spend time to do so). Your business will be doomed pretty soon (as you will be burned out quickly and are neither able to receive new orders nor lead or employ or train other staff nor to enhance your product as you are busy building bikes yourself all day long).

So you'll probably miss your deadlines, produce faulty bikes, loose your family, ruin your health and doom your business (that you just built up over a couple of years and finally want to start earning money with). Does not sound like a clever plan to me.

Last edited by berlinonaut; 02-03-19 at 11:39 AM.