Thread: KICKR vs Neo 2
View Single Post
Old 09-04-19, 05:45 PM
ntnyln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
I have an original Kickr and an original Neo that I do the majority of my training on (road bike on Neo and TT bike on Kickr). The new Kickr's have had some big production issues that make buying a unit a little hit or miss. If movability is your primary concern, I would choose the Kicker mainly because of the handle and it folds up a little easier. They both are fairly heavy and take up about the same amount of space when folded up. My gen 1 Kickr can get loud in certain gearing, but that has been cleaned up in the newest gen. The Neo is really quiet. I only hear my drive train and the responsiveness to changes is much better. The power meter is more accurate on the Neo as well, but it's not as much of an issue if you are using your SRM and power match (I use my quarq in the same manner.) The other advantage of the Kickr is that it's cheaper.

tldr: If your focus is the parameters you listed, I would suggest a Kickr or even a Core. If you just want the best smart trainer, I would recommend the Neo.