Old 03-01-20, 07:20 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by sykerocker
And I've become a firm believer in karma, as I've always felt that Maggie was my reward for the eight years I spent taking care of Patti as her health deteriorated.
This is awesome, but I gotta say: Based on what we're all seeing in this thread, I can't help but think you're one of those souls with a knack for making lemonade when life hands you lemons. I can't think of a better outcome for such a positive person.

Earlier in this thread I'd mentioned about bicycle storage, using the Whirlpool Gladiator (horrible name!) product to hang bikes up, in case it was interesting once you get there. Here's an example of what my setup. I'm using 4 x 48" pieces separated by about 10" horizontally, and I could fit 9 bikes up here if it weren't for some HVAC lines in the way. All bikes hanging bars-up / bars-down / bars-up / bars-down to pack in, and if your bikes are under 35lbs/ea, you won't exceed the maximum load. Total cost was $117 shipped ordering through Lowes.com (which I rarely shop at, Ace Hardware is my go-to). Specifically:

8 x GAWEXXVBSH (bike hooks): $59.92
2 x GAACGE4PPM (grey end caps): $11.98
4 x GAWC041PZY (48" gear-track plates): $35.92
Subtotal: $107.82 + free ship + tax and I was out the door around $117.

Hanging it took 20 minutes, it's a breeze. Any given day you can find Lowes 10% off digital coupons on eBay for $3 if you planned on ordering more than what I did - those coupons are legit - or if you're ex-mil like my dad you'll get 10% too. I'll buy the digital coupons for $3 any time I'm buying over $150 worth of merch, anything less and you're basically shaving off the tax.