davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Bikes: Jones Plus LWB, 1983 Centurion Japanese CrMo bike

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by jrhoneOC
OK...I will jump in and hijack the thread with my specs...I am looking for a new rear tire. The bike is a 2020 Rockhopper Comp 1x hardtail. I ride mostly XC and some pavement. Rides are usually 10-20 miles. My current tires are Specialized Fast Track Sport 29x2.3 in the rear and Specialized Ground Control Sport 29x2.3 in the front. These are not tubeless, wheels are not tubeless ready and I dont plan on going tubeless yet.

Easy thing is replace with the same tire. Wondering if there is a better option...lighter...more durable..better traction?
Panaracer CG XC or Panaracer DriverPro - The DriverPro's have awesome tread for your use and the option to go tubeless down the road if you so wish. Panaracer tires are excellent quality (in my experience) and made in Japan. Your LBS should be able to order. I would run exclusively Panaracer tires based on my experience with them but they have limited options in the PLUS/FAT range of casing sizing so my next tires would likely be Maxxis or WTB.

I have had a few sets of Specialized tires, not the ones you're running, and I find them to be excellent compared to others as well so can't go wrong with direct replacement either!