View Single Post
Old 06-07-20, 06:01 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Tpsfoto
I just turned 64 and in March when we were faced with this pandemic....I bought a cheap bike....couldn't do more than 3 miles....now at an average of 18 miles a day....sold that bike (for more than I paid for it?) bought a barely used, perfect sizing Specialized Carbon frame flat bar road bike....700cx28, two chain rings and 10 in the rear....great bike ...for a great price......did 25 miles today and could have done more....but the wife needed me back earlier today ....will be out early tomorrow

Good stuff, that’s great progress. My gains got a bit stunted by the winter but now I finally got in a good groove and it feels great to be getting better.

I never knew how incredible cycling is for your cardiovascular system. The fitness level of some of the members here amazes and inspires me. And the best part is how much better it is as far as allowing you to do cardio for over an hour ( and I know some ride double that or more) with low impact and having fun and not being bored out of your mind on some step machine 😂

I’ve been amazed that my resting heart rate, which was 65bpm when I started has dropped. It got to 60 just cycling 30-45 minutes a few times a week and is now getting down in the low 50s as I have ramped up my time and effort. One of the best moves I have ever made was getting a bike ; )

And congrats in the new bike! Sounds like a serious ride. I’m pretty happy with my cty 1.1. It’s got all I need for now and is very comfortable and I can just hammer away.

Last edited by CyclingBK; 06-07-20 at 06:06 PM.
Likes For CyclingBK: