View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 07:35 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
I like my Jones bars more than my Crazy bars. I found the bullhorns to be a bit useless. The horizontal section is too long and horizontal and the angled up bit is too short. I added extensions to the angled bit but they were still a long way away so weren't able to be used as an equivalent of the hoods on drop bars
Those Koga Denham bars look like a better design than the Crazy Bars. The bullhorns are shorter and angled nicely. I may have got them instead of the Jones if I had seen them first.
One issue with the Jones is handlebar bags. I use an Ortlieb, with the mounting cable around a large headed rivet spaced out with washers on the back of the front bar. But it's a long way away, hard to reach when riding. All of the bar bags I found designed for Jones bars didn't have a quick release mechanism, So a PITA when going in to shops and the like. Looks like the Kogas would work good with an Ortlieb Bag.