View Single Post
Old 12-13-18, 12:40 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10972 Post(s)
Liked 7,499 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
I find the current attitude sanctifying the absolute exclusivity of private property to be disheartening. I'm guessing they don't allow the full lyrics of "This Land is Your Land" into schools.

Having said all that, a public trail is a whole different matter. I understand land owners wanting to be more restrictive when there is the potential for much greater use. Such use would lead to a host of potential issues and who needs the headaches. I would be hesitant to buy property abutting a public trail for that reason.
To recap- you are saddened people are protective of their property, but you recognize there are potential headaches for those who own property near trails and you would be hesitant tonown property near a trail.

brilliant**

as for Guthrie's This Land is Your Land- its not thst the full lyrics arent allowed in schools...they simply arent well known by anyone. Many, ive found, didnt kbow there are additional lyrics to whats commonly sung.
speaking of- Springsteen's cover from his decade live albums is amazing. It doesn't include the extra lyrics you are crying about, but it's nonetheless amazing.