Old 11-08-19, 10:11 AM
SwtBadger

Bikes: 2015 BMC SLR02; 2004 Bianchi Veloce; 2000 Gary Fischer Big Sur

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
We've had highs under freezing pretty regularly for the last 7-10 days. It got me pretty concerned about my winter prep (primarily the snow blower and an ice dam heating wire install), which isn't very fun when you're freezing your ass off. I had, of course, put off those things in favor of squeezing out the last road rides of the season, but it was looking as if I'd played it a little too tight. Looking at the forecast now, I'm seeing the prospect of sunshine and inching above freezing a few times in the coming week, so I may luck out. Fingers crossed.
Like you, this unexpectedly cold and snowy November has left some late fall outside work unfinished. Have four saplings, several perennials and a bunch of spring bulbs unplanted. Pots haven't been emptied which puts them at risk for cracking. Had to trudge through the snow to get my non-awesome shovels from the shed.

Thinking of getting a single stage snow-blower, but also need a real chainsaw as there are about 9 trees that need taking out, including the one in the front yard that died from a lighting strike. Suspect that with the WAF / finances should only get one. The lighting strike is quite visible as it blew a 3" side strip of bark off the entire way from top to bottom.