Old 01-02-14, 08:07 AM
Tractortom
recumbent bike advocate

Bikes: Bacchetta Belladare, long wheelbase

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Commute of the year. Actually, my wife and I were on the recumbents (she rides a Terratrike Rover and I was on my Bacchetta Belladare ) yesterday for a 'first day' ride down to the coffee shop for coffee and a breakfast sandwich. The weather was kind of overcast and smelled of rain, so we didn't add to the ride.

This morning I was up at 6 and got on the Belladare at 7 for a commute to work. It was about 65 degrees and still, with a heavy fog, and by the time I completed the 7.8 mile commute I was pretty well wet. When I ride in the fog, my glasses get so I can't see through them, so I find myself pulling my helmet down so the visor is close to my eyes, and then pulling the glasses down a bit and looking over them. That way I can still use the mirror on my glasses, but don't have to look through them.

Very light traffic, no trouble, did have a semi make a close pass as I rode north on Hwy 441 towards my office, but no worries.
Feels good to make that first bike commute of the new year. Will be in the car tomorrow for a couple reasons.

Tractor Tom in Okeechobee, FL